From cooking and cleaning to working and playing, we all know moms can do it all. Sometimes it can be difficult to put into words and express your feelings towards how much you care and love her. Why not add a little more love and appreciation for you mom this Mother’s Day with any one of these heartfelt messages for your Mother, Grandmother, Wife, Mother-In-Law, Sister or Friend and display them in a unique way that’s sure to leave mom at a loss for words.
Here are some of our favorite quotes about mom. Pick one of these, or find one of your own, that perfectly describes your Mother!
- “All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” —James E. Faust
- “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then, I want to move in with them.” —Phyllis Diller
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.” – Leroy Brownlow
- “Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired; it need not be deserved.” – Eric Fromm
- “He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark.” – J.K. Rowling
- “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.” —The Golden Girls
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” —Jewish proverb
- “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” —George Eliot
- “Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson
- "If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" – Milton Berle
- "A child's first teacher is its mother." – Peng Liyuan
- “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” – Stevie Wonder
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” —Robert Browning
- “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.” —Lady Gaga
- “In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth.” —Randy Susan Meyers
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “We are born of love; Love is our mother.” - Rumi
- "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." – Princess Diana
Ways to showcase them
Get creative and really personalize your quote with any one of these unique DIY ideas.
In A Frame – Write down your quote with colorful pens, paints or markers; print the quote, or if you are extra computer savvy, create your own design with borders, flowers or fancy text inside the frame. Put it next to your favorite picture of your mother in a multi-photo frame or press her favorite flower inside.
In A Card – Create your own personalized Mother’s Day card with the perfect quote for your Mother. If you’ve already bought one, just add your own message to the end to really emphasize your affection and appreciation for mom.
Cross Stitch – If you are a seasoned pro then get to work on your needle point, for the rest of us don’t worry, there are a lot of different ways to teach yourself cross stich or buy a pattern or kit. Whichever way you choose, the end result will be nothing short of a vintage miracle your mother is sure to enjoy.
Happy Mothers' Day!