With summer on its way, that means late night hangouts, hotter weather, and pool parties, it also means summer cocktails.
What makes a good summer cocktail? It’s refreshing, full of fresh fruit, and easy to sip on a hot day or while relaxing by the pool. We’ve compiled all three of these important ingredients to make each one of these classic cocktails perfect for your summer adventures. Best part, they don’t require complicated ingredients and aren’t time consuming, so you can start sipping your summer cocktails right away.
Blood Orange Bourbon SmashIngredients
- 2 oz bourbon
- 3/4 oz maple syrup
- 3 blood orange quarters
- 4 mint leaves
Place blood oranges and mint in a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add ice, bourbon, maple syrup, and shake. Top with champagne and garnish with fresh mint and blood orange slice.
*Recipe Via Jazzmine
*Glassware Wave Whiskey Tumblers
- 1 bottle Rosé (750mL, something full-bodied and dark in color, such as a pinot noir– or merlot-based rosé)
- 1/2 cup Simple syrup
- 1 oz Aperol
- 1 oz Fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: Lemon twist
- Pour the rosé into a 13 x 9” baking pan, and place in the freezer for up to 6 hours or until almost solid.
- Remove the mixture and scrape into a blender, chopping up the larger icy bits.
- Add the remaining ingredients along with 3/4 cup crushed ice to the blender, and puree until thickened.
- Divide evenly into coupe glasses. (serves 4)
*Recipe via liquor.com
*Glassware Champagne Flutes
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime (sliced into 4 wedges, plus more for serving)
- 2 tsp simple syrup (or granulated sugar)
- 2 ounces white rum
- club soda
- Add the mint leaves and two lime wedges to a highball or Collins glass. Use a muddler to gently muddle the mint and lime wedges (but not too much as you don't want to break apart the mint leaves).
- Add the two remaining lime wedges and simple syrup to the glass. Muddle gently to release the lime juice, again being careful not to smash the mint leaves and break them apart.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the rum directly over the ice. Top off each glass with club soda and stir just to combine. Serve garnished with a sprig of fresh mint, lime, and a straw. Enjoy!